For far too long, Americans have allowed, those they elect, to serve and represent them, prioritize these politicians personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, instead of what’s best, for the nation, and, its citizens, in a relevant, sustainable manner! I’m sick, and tired, and not going to take it anymore! These, famous words, from the movie, Network, should be considered, seriously, because, if we don’t, we risk, significant ramifications! Instead of accepting, continuous, empty rhetoric and promises, and using a slogan, Make America Great Again, we deserve far better, from public officials! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things, America needs, rather than, merely, accepting what, we have been receiving.
1. Real facts, instead of fake ones: Wouldn’t you prefer, a greater degree of genuine, absolute integrity, from those, we elect, than we are accustomed to getting from these politicians. When spokespersons, for President Trump, declare, there are facts, and alternative facts, it clearly demonstrates, potential trouble! When political fact – checkers, state, this President has lied, over 16, 000 times, since he was elected (and is lying, at a faster pace, in the last year, than the previous 2), it should be a wake – up, call, to the American public! Demand public officials articulate real facts, instead of the fake ones, they seem, to often, prefer!
2. Viable solutions instead of empty promises: Voters, often, tend to vote, based on populist, but, empty promises, and, elect, individuals, without a real plan, or potential, to make a difference, for the better! If our electorate would pay more attention, and demand more, and better, they would seek candidates, with well – considered, viable solutions!
3. Relevance, not petty stuff: What good, does it do, when someone looks back, to the past, instead of to the present, and the future? Everything looks better, in black, and white, as Paul Simon, stated and declared, in his song, Kodachrome, but, we are better served, by electing people, with relevant visions, strategies, and ideas, instead of focusing on petty stuff! Aren’t you, sick – and – tired, of, Governing by Tweet?
4. Beware of ramifications: Everything, an American President, either, does, or fails to do, has potential ramifications. Elect someone, who clearly understands this concept and idea, and, plans more, and proceeds, by impulse, less than the present occupant of the White House!
5. Sustainability: We only have one planet, and, we either pay attention, to preserving and protecting it, consistently, or, we will fail, in our obligation to future generations! Denying, and calling, Climate Change, and protecting the environment, a hoax, or worse, isn’t relevant, sustainable, or responsible leadership!
Wake up, America, and, realize, what we are witnessing, isn’t normal, healthy, or wise! If we don’t choose wisely, we risk the future of the world!